We represent clients in real estate transactions both residential and commercial. We also provide title insurance services though Attorney’s Title Guaranty Trust. Having a real estate attorney to represent only your interest is crucial and in our opinion absolutely necessary for a smooth transaction to occur. When you do not know all the legal implications of the transaction you are entering, you may find you are involved in unnecessary lawsuits or complications. We will assume responsibility for all aspects of your transaction from offer to closing. There are many ways an attorney can work on your behalf to help protect your interests. A few examples of these are:
1. Assist with understanding and preparing “Disclosure Statements”.
2. Draft a “Purchase and Sale Agreement”.
3. Review the “Purchase and Sale Agreement” to ensure that all provisions and contingencies are in your best interest.
4. Provide guidance with termite and structural inspections.
5. Obtain certificates of occupancy, zoning restrictions and property insurance.
6. Obtain a title search, evaluate the status of the title and require appropriate legal remedies to clear any defects.
7. Check for unrecorded municipal liens, including sewer and special assessment liens
8. Offer assistance regarding transfer of occupancy, settlement and possession.
9. Interpret and counsel you about all legal documents related to the title and transaction, including deeds, mortgages and closing statements.
10. Prepare a bill of sale to cover any personal property such as curtains and appliances that shall remain in the home.
11. Inform you about the income, estate, and gift tax consequences to your estate.
12. Advise you on how you should take the title to the home, and how this affects your overall business and personal estate.
13. Represent your legal interests at closing/settlement.
14. Review mortgage applications and explain your commitment and rights.